Prada or Nada?

Ah, Miuccia. Life is certainly good for her. Fashionistas, editors, celebrities and just about anybody with a pulse wait with baited breath for her collection to grace the runway every spring and fall.


As a designer working for several different companies in my past, I (and my peers) always looked to certain labels for inspiration. For the last several years, it’s been Balenciaga, Lanvin, Marni, and of course, Marc and Dries. But, it's Miuccia Prada who has always been sitting in the pole position when it comes to setting the trends and the overall direction for a given season. That’s power! Prada power.


 I admit that I’m a fan. As I wrote in a recent post, I scoured Europe for my coveted Prada flats that I’ve practically worn to death. But, sometimes I think she pushes the envelope a little too much for my taste. Don’t get me wrong, somebody needs to push it, otherwise fashion would never evolve and we would all end up looking like clones and wearing the same thing season after season.

Above are some details from Ms. Prada’s Fall 2010 collection that showed in Milan the other day. Chime in… let me know what you think of these looks/items. Yay or nay?