Orange Ya Glad To See Some Color?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "I'm a neutral girl."  Not neutral like Switzerland, rather, I'm partial to a neutral palette when it comes to my clothes.  It's a New York thing.  But, I certainly appreciate color and I go through little phases of loving a particular hue that speaks to me until I get bored with it and move on.  Story of my life!

I snapped this pic. of these cool vintage shades available at VEDA on the Lower East Side


Bottega Veneta's Montaigne bag, Spring 2011

Right now, I'm feeling orange.  Not fluorescent, safety orange, but something a little more sophisticated, a little softer and slightly more yellow than red.  Pumpkin... but a little more intense/saturated.  On one hand, it's a bit retro and on the other, it looks fresh.  Damn, I wish I had kept that leather skirt from high school... it would have been the perfect time to recycle it!





Jil Sander's Raf Simons used orange as one of the staple colors for Spring 2011