Bring It On, 2012!!

Happy New Year! I'm excited to report that today marks the second year anniversary of Taffetadarlings!  How time flies.  I was nearly forced at gunpoint encouraged to start a blog by the fabulously talented journalist-turned-jewelry designer, Wendy Brandes, who convinced me that it would be a good way to interact with and educate people about the world of fashion.  I mean, the REAL world of fashion and what it's like to be a designer trying to make it in the cut-throat industry. 

bronze color cashmere strapless dress from my Fall 2011 "French Resistance" collection
Photo: Shane LaVancher

So, I decided to do it, but I didn't want to be just another fashion blogger talking about how much they love Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler or posting outfit pictures every day.  Of course, outfit posts are great once in a while, but I wanted to take people on a journey (God, I hate that word, it's so overused) and allow them to "tag along" as I worked on my collections, raised funds and showed at NY Fashion Week. 

"vapor blue" sheath dress from my Spring 2012 "Biohazard" collection
Photo: Shane LaVancher

I hope you've all enjoyed it so far because there's more to come.  And I promise I'll keep mixing things up by continuing to write about music, art and anything interesting to me at any given moment!