The Oscars - The Bad, The Bad & The Ugly

OK, so I had to do an Oscar post after all. I watched the fashion police with Joan Rivers last night and I loved how bitchy and honest she was. I did have to disagree with her when she trashed my boy Robert Downey. I don’t care what he wears; he could roll out of bed -- or somebody else’s, (perhaps a stranger’s bed at a random house in Malibu) and still look gorgeous!


Robert Downey Jr.
I’m not even going to do a best dressed list this time because, frankly, nobody was that inspiring or well dressed in my opinion. Of course, everybody has different opinions when it comes to red carpet dressing, but I wish the “fashion police” (besides Joan Rivers) would stop worrying about offending actresses and have the guts to say when something is horrible. I mean, JLo on the best dressed list? Come on! She is a gorgeous woman, but her dress was an absolute disaster. It looked like a second dress was growing out of the side. Jennifer was wearing Siamese twins.

Jennifer Lopez
Charlize Theron, please fire your stylist. Charlize is so beautiful, but I couldn’t get past her breasts! Usually, that would be a good thing, but not in this case. Why would she think that lumpy rosettes would enhance her figure?

Charlize Theron
I know I’ve mentioned before that I am not a girly girl, so I usually don’t go for ruffles, but I keep an open mind when I’m looking at other people’s choices. Everyone has different taste – I get it. However, Zoe Saldana and Vera Farmiga just didn’t do ruffles the right way. These two ensembles were hideous. Sorry girls.

Zoe Saldana & Vera Farmiga
I wish that James Cameron’s wife would just eat something already. I can’t even remember what she was wearing because I couldn’t actually look at her for more than 2 seconds! I thought she was part of the homage to horror films the Academy did.

Suzy Amis (aka, Skelatress) & James Cameron
Finally, did anybody else feel that the interpretive dance was sort of out of place? I’m glad they wasted so much time with it that poor Tom Hanks had to announce the best picture in 1.8 seconds. Way to honor Kathryn Bigelow guys, she only made history! Well, I guess the interpretive dance was more important.

Ricky Gervais performing interpretive dance on the UK's "Office"
This would have been more appropriate for the Oscars!