Fashion Forward

It's that time again.  Fashion never sleeps and never stops moving forward, changing, evolving and reinventing.  It seems like just yesterday that I was working on my debut collection for Spring 2011 and just when I've started to catch up with things, another season is right around the corner.  For a while now, I had an idea of the direction I wanted to take the new collection, but I haven't fully put it into motion yet.  As you may have guessed, lack of funds are to blame.  All businesses go through growing pains and it takes time to get over that "hump" to enter the land of financial stability.

Spring 2011

Last season, I used a site called Kickstarter as a vehicle to raise money to cover the expenses for my premiere collection.  Fabulously fashionable sponsors (you know who you are!!) came to my support and through their generous donations I was able to pay for fabric, models, hair & make-up, a photographer, videographer, professional lighting and PR.  Holy cow! 

Spring 2011

What a great experience!  For those of you who frequent this blog, you know that I received a fair amount of press and the show was a success.  I'm dying to do it again.  As a new designer on the scene (under my own label), I need to prove my staying power as well as establish my design aesthetic.  In order to do that, I need to show more than one season.  I have a lot more to offer than just pretty evening dresses, though I do love them so!

Spring 2011

Now, I'm back on Kickstarter looking for new sponsors for my Fall 2011 Collection.  Think of it as contributing to a worthy cause -- a fashionable cause.  If I am able to dress the world, we could put the fashion police out of business!  If only! 

Spring 2011

Should you like to make a donation, you can click on the link/icon on the upper right or the link below.
New Kickstarter Project

Have a fashionable day!